Pictorial Randomness

Pictorial snippets from our lives. Not a chronicle, not a diary, bunch of photos in random order. No theme, no pattern, only pictures of things here and there. Not daily, not weekly, as often as we feel like it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pune, India

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Furniture Saga: Plying the wood


Work on the furniture will begin this tuesday. The mistri (carprenter) and I went to the plywood store this saturday for ... what else, plywood shopping. I didn't know there could be so many types of plywood: pine, gajjar, burma, block and what not. The mistri and the shop-dude wanted me to buy some stuff imported from Burma. I know where Burma is, but I didn't know they make such high-quality ply. But we have a budget, and so we settled for a ply called Woodpine, whatever that means. I knew of pine wood, but apparently this is ... different.

On a related note, I was reminded of how one of my sisters calls me Pine Cone, I never knew why; and I call her Strawberry :-), that too I don't know why.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sanju & Ankur said...

My nickname starts with letter P. Thats the only common thing I can see. I guess I will ask her when she is old enough :-).

And, thanks.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought a lot of you blog. Here's a great place you might like bartending.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home