Pictorial Randomness

Pictorial snippets from our lives. Not a chronicle, not a diary, bunch of photos in random order. No theme, no pattern, only pictures of things here and there. Not daily, not weekly, as often as we feel like it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pune, India

Monday, July 11, 2005

Lost Hobby

Sanju revived her long (~15 years) lost hobby of collecting rocks when we visited Mulshi this weekend. Even before we could reach the waters, she had her hand full of rocks that to start with looked quite normal to me ... but later I was also looking more at the ground and less at the river or the hills ... and I don't know why.

And here's a portion of our catch:


In retrospect, I guess some of the stones were really beautiful. Some were like eggs which when broken were like flowers from inside, some were like crystals (and I thought I had hit upon a diamond mine), some were like fossils of dead plants and flowers and sponges, and some were brightly green which we later found out was nothing but hardened algae. Weird stuff. And we bought home few kilos of it :-).

Sanju wants to put the colorful ones at the base of vases and all those shiny ones arranged in a plate in the showcase. I guess that makes sense since that is the best utility I can see of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home